Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How to Keep a Preschooler Busy

I had an ingenious idea today!

Usually when it is time to make dinner, my little man decides he wants me to hold him, or he wants to sample the raw meat, or do anything but allow me to focus on the act of dinner making.  Tonight, I set him up with his construction vehicles and a big load of flour and let him go to town.  He moved the "snow" around for about an hour, as I peacefully made P-Dub's BBQ meatballs.


This would easily work for preschool-aged girls, as well, with some measuring cups, a rolling pin, etc. I remember loving to play with flour when I was a little girl.

It is a little messy, but well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea!! I'm totally going to do that with Luke! I grew up without any boys in our family, it was just my sister, my mom, dad and I, so I have no clue when it comes to boys.

    I love your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete